Contact Information:

    Gambling or gaming activity is regulated by several different agencies in California. The list below will direct you to the responsible entity. 

    Illegal gambling activity, cardroom activities, background checks, game rules, and self-exclusion at cardrooms

    Bureau of Gambling Control
    P.O. Box 168024
    Sacramento, CA 95816-8024
    (916) 830-1700 – For Complaints: select option 4, Compliance and Enforcement Section.

    Gambling and other activities at Tribal casinos

    Contact should be made directly to the Tribe operating the casino or to the individual Tribal Gaming Commission. (Tribes are under a sovereign nation status and have their own regulatory system.)

    Bingo or Remote Caller Bingo games

    Contact the local jurisdiction (City or County Government) where the bingo games are held. Traditional Bingo is regulated locally - not by the State.

    Remote Caller Bingo licensing, applications or approval of card minding device questions should be directed to the Bureau of Gambling Control.


    The California Lottery Commission

    Horse Racing

    The California Horse Racing Board regulates pari-mutuel wagering, racing, breeding, and track standards in the State

    Problem gambling help

    Office of Problem Gambling

    Commission Responsibilities/Decisions

    Approval of licenses, work permits, determinations of suitability, other approvals and distributions from the Revenue Sharing Trust Fund (RSTF) to eligible tribes

    All complaints to the Commission need to be in writing. Complaints regarding Commission issues may be submitted in person or by mail to:

    2399 GATEWAY OAKS DR STE 220
    SACRAMENTO CA  95833-4231

    You may also submit complaints by fax to (916) 263-0499 or by sending an email to

    All application issues should be directed to the Department of Justice Bureau of Gambling Control.